Sunday, May 18, 2014

#4 - Refrigerator Oatmeal Cookies

This recipe I do remember having on Corliss Ave.  The refrigerator dough allows for fresh cookies for a few days if you just bake a dozen or so at a time
     
The recipe makes two logs which ends up making about 48 cookies.  

However, I think only about 1/2 of the cookies made it to the oven....
  since we used to slice them off from the fridge and eat the raw cookie dough before they could be cooked.  
 I don't remember if we were allowed to do this or if we just snuck a slice of the raw dough. I am not recommending eating the raw dough since it has eggs in it, but if you are so inclined.
The finished product is a chewy yet crisp oatmeal cookie.   I added a touch of cinnamon, vanilla and salt to the recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment